Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Indoor Track is Coming Up

After nationals we took a couple weeks off to rest up and give our bodies a break. We have been training hard and consistently since August.

We still go on distance runs everyday, lift weights, and do 100-meter strides after to get stronger and faster. These past couple weeks we just haven't been doing intervals or speed workouts.

Today we start back with our hard workouts because our indoor season is coming up. We compete in the Idaho State Snake River Open in Pocatello the first weekend that we get back from Christmas break.

Last year we won the Big Sky Conference Indoor Championship and we are looking to do so again to defend our title. As a women's track team we are continually working hard in school to maintain a high GPA and be eligible to compete. We are also pushing ourselves everyday at practice to improve in our individual events so that as a track team we can succeed.

New Weber State athletic logo
I love being part of the Weber State Track and Cross Country teams. I love competing and the thrill I get from it. I love the girls on the team and how much fun we all have together. I am grateful for the opportunity to compete in college and I am going to have a great experience and do my best while I am representing WSU.

No comments:

Post a Comment