| Kayla changing her shoes for the study |
To start off we go run our 18 minute warm up just like we would before a race. We then do four 100-meter strides. By this time we are warmed up and ready.
We are each assigned a number so that it is anonymous. Then we randomly draw if we will be wearing spikes or our training shoes. We then wear the other pair of shoes the next day of the test. We also randomly draw if we will be running a 5k or mile pace first.
| The cameras recording us |
We run down the long jump runway down at the indoor track past sensors that tell us if we are on pace. We then have to run in stride across a strike plate. You have to get this perfect so that you don't have to slow down or lengthen your stride to hit it right.
| The strike plate |
I really liked being a part of this study. It was fun and I liked being able to help someone with their experiment for class. I'm excited to see what he finds and to learn about the way I run.
No comments:
Post a Comment